Latest News

Top Acctress of telugu Film Industry

After a roaring innings in 2009, numero uno actress Anushka is firmly entrenched in her enviable slot and also has three big-ticket films (with Mahesh Babu, Vedham and Panchakshari) to cement her position this season. “I never believed in this numbers game because for me, every role is an opportunity to enhance my learning curve. Of course, I have a meaty role in Mahesh Babu’s film and I am also essaying an author-backed role in Panchakshari, which is a contemporary saga. However, I like competition since it keeps me on my toes,” says the actress, sportingly.

We are sure though, that she must have heaved a sigh of relief as the films of her competitors — Trisha (Namo Venkatesa) and Nayanthara (Adhurs) didn’t actually set the BO on fire in 2010. Trisha, one of the main contenders to the top slot, makes it clear that she hasn’t left Tollywood for greener pastures and is still very much in the reckoning in T-town. She says, “I neverbelieved in this rat race and I also received good response for my role in Namo Venkatesa. I didn’t sign a new T-town film because I am tied up with my other language films. I would definitely return with a bang, later this year.”

Meanwhile, other hotties like Ileana, Genelia and Kajal have got some plum offers on hand that are guaranteed to give some sleepless nights to reigning star Anushka. “My film with NTR Jr has a mind-blowing script and I am also on the verge of signing another big film, so I have resolved to offer some variety to my audience,” says Ileana, who is determined to bounce back after a disappointing show in 2009.

Another sexy siren, Shriya Saran, is making a comeback of sorts to T-town with a film opposite Ravi Teja, to regain her long lost position in T-town. Whereas, Kajal who tasted record-making hit Maghadeera and a dud like Ganesh, is returning as a lover girl in Darling. “She plays a cute lover girl in our romantic saga,” says director Karunakaran. However, another top-league actress Hansika has moved to Ktown after flops like Sitaramula Kalyanam. “Even today, I am getting Telugu offers but I picked up a Tamil film since I wanted to explore a new industry. And also, the big-ticket K-town film Itch is being directed by Prabhu Deva and will be shot in Paris. However, I would sign a plum T-town offer,” she says, suggesting that she is in no mood to give up.

Another A-list actress, Genelia, who is adept at juggling different language films, has signed up two big-ticket productions — Orange with Ram Charan Tej and another film with Ram. “We are teaming up again after smashing hit Ready and director Surendar Reddy has designed significant roles for both of us in this romantic comedy,” says actor Ram.

“I signed top starNayanthara for our film Simha since she suits the role of a perfect Andhra girl. I always believed in getting the right casting and never went by their established images. So, we’ll showcase her acting skills than her curves,” says director Boyapati Srinu, director of Simha, who feels that big leagueactress, are a ‘value addition’ for big budget extravaganzas.

While a few contenders are busy with other language films, some have their releases slated for mid-2010, Anushka’s position looks undisturbed as of now.

Will any of these actresses actually replace Anushka or will she remain untouched is something only time can tell. Let’s wait and watch!

Courtesy:TOI

Tags: , , , , ,

About author

Way2tollywood News Team gives u Updated Tollywood news,gossips,Videos.Get Unlimited Entertainment . Get Subscribed To be updated

0 comments

Post a Comment